HOUSE RULES AND REGULATIONS
Strict adherence to all rules, regulations, and policies of St. Clair Street House and St. Clair Investment Properties LLC (collectively referred to as, “SCH”), set forth below and as amended from time to time, is required as a condition to be admitted as a resident and allowed continuation as a resident at and in St. Clair Street House, 805 St. Clair, Pontiac, MI 48340.
- The Following May Result In Immediate Discharge And Removal From The Premises (without refund of unused residency charge):
- Being under the influence of alcohol and /or drugs
- Possession of alcohol/drugs
- Possession of weapons
- Verbal or physical threats or acts of violence.
- Property destruction or altering the physical construction of the premises, including interior walls.
- Lies or misrepresentations on your intake paperwork, stealing, unusual behavior and/ or any criminal activity.
- Failure to comply with these rules and/or staff directions.
- The following are NOT ALLOWED in the house at any time:
- Non-approved medications
- Lit cigarettes
- Weapons, explosives, fireworks
- No guests are allowed inside the house at any time, with the possible exception of approved family visits. Female guests (sponsors or female friends in recovery) are allowed, with permission, until 8:00 p.m.
- ABSOLUTELY NO OVERNIGHT GUESTS OR SEXUAL ACTIVITIES ON THE PREMISES.
- All residents must be in the house during the hours of 11 p.m. – 6 a.m. Monday – Thursday and Midnight – 6 a.m. Friday – Sunday.
- No Smoking inside the house; No littering of cigarette butts or any other items on or near the property.
- When leaving your room: all ceiling fans, lights, televisions and radios are to be turned off. Lock all doors and windows.
- Do not share your room access code with anyone.
- No one is allowed in another resident’s room, period.
- All risk of loss, theft or damage to resident’s personal belongings (including cars, bikes, etc) is solely that of the resident; SCH does not assume any liability for those items and they are NOT covered by SCH insurance.
- Rent must be paid on time and kept up to date; No exceptions.
- You will be assigned daily and weekend chores (these are mandatory as part of your stay) and they must be completed in a timely manner.
- Be considerate with the neighbors and your fellow residents.
- The volume of television, music and your voices, whether you’re in your room or in the common areas, needs to be reasonable at all times, especially during the early morning hours and after 9:00 p.m.
- Keep the house clean and orderly. Your room must be kept neat with your bed made at all times, make your bed as soon as you get up and keep your clothes, shoes, toiletries and other belongings organized. Clean up after yourself. All rooms are subject to inspection at any given time.
- Kitchen area must be kept clean, which means absolutely no glasses, dishes, forks, knives, spoons, etc. left in the sink at any time; Wash your dishes immediately in order to prevent roaches and other insect problems. Place garbage bags in the garbage containers outside.
- No cooking oils, grease, bleach or other solvents are to be put down the drains.
- When scheduled, house meeting attendance is mandatory, no exceptions.
- All vehicles must have current tags and insurance, and this must be verifiable. Also, there will be no storage of vehicles and no working on vehicles on the premises.
- Bikes and other modes of transportation must be stored in the appropriate locations.
- Any situation that requires police involvement must be discussed with the House Manager before the police are called, (any police involvement without House Manager approval, except in emergencies, will be grounds for discharge).
- There is no sharing of clothes, personal property, loaning money, borrowing vehicles, including bikes, by either staff or residents.
- Any medical conditions and/or injuries must be brought to the attention of the House Manager.
- If there is an emergency, call 911, and then notify the House Manager immediately.
- This is not a complete list of all the possible rules and/or violations that may happen, so to insure a healthy, happy, drug and alcohol free recovery environment please do your part to use common sense when it comes to either doing or not doing something that may affect your and others continued stay.
- Personal items left behind after vacating will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of.
- Finally, staff will not take the role of cop, lawyer, or investigator. This means discharges will occur without investigation of who did what, what was said, who is, or who is not at fault.
SCH believes these rules are clear and reasonable; if you have any questions, ask the House Manager.